EXPERIENCING SCIENTIFIC WONDERS OF NATURE
4 DAYS SCIENCE CAMP FOR CHILDREN AND YOUTH IN FINLAND
- Language of instruction: English (Possibility for interpretation)
- Teaching mode: experiential learning, hands-on learning, learning by doing, problem-based learning, innovating, student-centred learning
- Skills gained: self-management, teamworking, problem solving, leadership, survival skills, holistic thinking, English language skills, cultural skills
LEARNING METHOD AND AIM OF THE STUDYS
BioAcademy emphasizes the newest and the most effective learning methods during the courses. All the activities are planned to provide the best learning outcomes for the students in order to increase individual skills and offer tools to face challenging environmental issues to become smart future leaders.
Individual-centred learning and positive feedback increase students’ self-esteem and encourage them to improve their skills for the future.
safety is our number 1 priority
Teachers are available all the time during the whole course
Before each activity all safety instructions are demonstrated
All equipment, science and practice, are demonstrated and tested how to use
Poisonous berries, plants and snakes are shown
Safety helmets, life vests, gloves, goggles and safety belts are used when needed
click image to download safety instrucions
1. ENERGY - How we can save energy and the environment? Can we produce energy by ourselves?
2. FOOD - How food production impacts the climate? Can we prepare food outside in the nature?
3. FOREST - What are forests providing us? How to survive in forests?
4. WATER - Why is clean water important for us? How to save water in our daily consumption and protect it from micro- and nanoplastics? How to find drinking water?
5. NATURAL RESOURCES - How can we become independent on non-renewable resources? How to reduce CO2 footprint? Are there means to postpone the World overshoot day?
6. WASTE - Consuming, recycling, upcycling and circular economy? How can I influence the climate by recycling? Can one’s waste work as another’s raw material?
7. TECHNOLOGY - How can new technology make a difference for a better tomorrow? Building and testing different models using ICT, robotics etc. My idea for technology that can have an impact to future?
870 €/student (min. 20 students) (VAT 0%). For each 10 students 1 accompanying teacher free of charge.
- All teaching material
- Travelling in Joensuu area
- Instructor available 24/7
- All entrance fees
- All visits
- One day at Koli National park
- License to Live on Planet Earth –tests
ACCOMMODATION, ALL INCLUSIVE
300 €/student (VAT 0%). Price includes:
- Afternoon tea and coffee
- Evening snack
If separately agreed BioAcademy may also organize bus transportation for the group from Helsinki-Vantaa airport and back.
visit to koli national park
If separately agreed BioAcademy may also organize visit to Koli National Park.
All prices VAT 0%.
bioacademy - your partner in creative education
Finland is the greenest country in the world (2016, EPI) with exactly 187 888 lakes and 179 584 islands. With its unique wilderness and small cities Finland is also world’s safest and one of the best travel destinations.
Finns are the happiest people of the planet (Ranked 1st Happiness Quality Index in 2015 and World Happiness Report 2018). Summer in Finland is unique as the sun does not set for 73 days in the Northern Most point of the country, giving an experience of midnight sun! On the other hand, during the Arctic Winter the sun does not rise for another 52 days. That is the best time to enjoy Aurora Borealis!
BioAcademy is bringing the best innovations, knowledge and practices from academic theories to real life! BioAcademy’s expertise is especially in green- and bioeconomy; Including sustainable development, natural resources management and forestry, renewable energy, climate change, strategies and policy, international education and training as well as research and development projects.
We emphasize both the importance of Ecology and Economy, Academic theories and Industrial Innovations, Political strategies and Power of consumers. We want to help you to up-grade skills, boost innovations and invest smartly for sustainable future!