- Lecture 1 Welcoming and briefing of the course module, Finnish country and culture, Karthikeyan Natarajan
- Lecture 2 Introduction to Finnish Forests, silviculture and forest management, Forest policy and governance in Finland, Liisa Toivonen
- Lecture 3 Finnish Forest and Park Service “Metsähallitus”- State forests: business, conservation or other goods for the nation and nature?, Antti Otsamo
- Lecture 4 Finnish Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry – national level strategies, Liisa Saarenmaa
- Lecture 5 Finnish holistic bioeconomy policy and Possibilities to replace fossil fuels with modern bioenergy applications, Paavo Pelkonen
- Lecture 6 Optimizing forest rawmaterial availability to different purposes – availability of biomass for energy and other products, Karthikeyan Natarajan
- Lecture 7 Advanced methodologies and tools for forest inventory, management planning, ICT-applications and ArboLiDAR for decision making
- Lecture 8 Stora Enso
- Lecture 9 Erola Apajalahti Forestry, Nature Tourism and Nature Protection, Katri Vuorjoki
- Lecture 10 Local Arctic Animals
- Lecture 11 Wild forest reindeer of Finland, Conservation and recovery of historic range
ABOUT THE COURSE
BioAcademy and Bauman Moscow State Technical University together with Indira Gandhi National ForestAcademy jointly organizes a one week overseas Mid-Career Training (MCT) program for Indian Forest ServiceOfficers (IFS) in Finland and Russia.
The training programme provide an insight to what are the new trends shaping the forestry sector in Finland,Russia and European Union? The training also provide an opportunity to have personal conversations with many different experts and decision makers from strategic policy level to private forest owners and forest industry.
The training program consists of several modules combining different subject specific topics according to the needs of IFS officers, but also based on up-to- date hot topics in forestry with Phenomenon Based Learning(PBL) approach for problem solving, combined with modern Triple Helix Learning Ecosystem which is emphasizing the interconnectedness of the whole society and environment.
The key topics covered are Sustainable forest management, inventory and planning methods, bioenergy, forest fire management, water and water ecosystem management in forestry, but also new innovative bio-products and ecosystem services based on forest resources are included in the training. Special emphasis is put on political and strategic level planning, forest and bioeconomy strategies in changing societies (climate/carbon/REDD+) and decision making support, which are getting more and more important to the senior most forestry professionals.